cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Portal - Submit a case "on behalf of" or add "additional contacts"

Hi,

We have following 2 independent requirements when submitting service request from portal:

1. The submitter(PA) could submit on behalf of multiple bosses hence both PA should be able to view/update the request as well as bosses should also be able to track the progress from their own portal logins. 

Note: We have both "Submitted by" and "On Behalf of" fields on the CRM case form. 

I wonder how above scenario can be supported using different views within same entity list. i.e. CRM case

2:  Similarly for another scenario, requestor should be able to add additional employees(essentially contacts) as part of their service request who could pursue the service request once submitted.  The actual requestor should still be able to view/edit service request  however all the additional contacts added onto service request should only be able to read the request/status.

So essentially can we have "My Requests" and "Shared Requests" views on the same web page/entity list? where "Shared Requests" view shows the request where I have been added as additional contact.

Any thoughts how we can achieve this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

I would recommend you to go through the below articles on how you can manage the access to records on portal using web roles and entity permissions.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/assign-entity-permissions

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/create-web-roles

Best Regards,

Harish M

Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (7,206)