cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Portal Theme - Bootstrap Version

Hello, 

I am looking to download a theme for the portal, before dropping any money on one I was wanted to make sure I was getting the right version of bootstrap themes.  Is the portal running bootstrap version 3?  

Also does anyone have any sites they recommend downloading themes from that work well with the portal?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @mahone,

As @timl mentioned bootstrap that is used in the portal is v3.3.6 and you cannot change or update it. Regarding website to download ready to use themes for the portal - I don't think that I've seen one, but you can use themes from websites for bootstrap like bootswatch etc just keep in mind that not all elements of the portal will be updated and you might need to refine them with additional CSS. You can find an example of bootswatch use with portal here.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mahone 

The version of Bootstrap on my test portal is v3.3.6. I guess yours would be the same.

Hopefully, someone here can recommend some good themes....

Super User
Super User

Hi @mahone,

As @timl mentioned bootstrap that is used in the portal is v3.3.6 and you cannot change or update it. Regarding website to download ready to use themes for the portal - I don't think that I've seen one, but you can use themes from websites for bootstrap like bootswatch etc just keep in mind that not all elements of the portal will be updated and you might need to refine them with additional CSS. You can find an example of bootswatch use with portal here.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @mahone , 

Regarding theme upgrade,  @timl  and @OOlashyn about the current possibilities . Personally I have used the following CSS theme which I really like it. https://bulma.io/ (Bulma is a free, open source CSS framework based on Flexbox and used by more than 200,000 developers.).

Some of the "Components" are really cool.  You can give a try. Just upload the "bulma.min.css" as web file Notes attachment. Thats it. 

PS: Keep in mind that it has very minimal side effect with Bootstrap 3.3.6 but should be easy to fix. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (47,740)