cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davdatong

Portal and Customer Voice

Hi all,

I've added Customer voice to my portal page via embedding through an iFrame.

Problem I am facing is that I want to capture the logged in user and update the contact record in dynamics when the survey has been filled out.

My plan was to also create an entity form on the same page with the fields I need to populate. However, I think due to cross browser compatibility I can't seem to retrieve the submit button of the survey via jQuery. 😞

Has anyone got a workaround to this? Or is it best off to not use Customer Voice completely and do the survey via an entity form?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I haven't done this myself, but you should be able to set up Parameters for your survey, and then populate those parameters with values you provide.  See the example at the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-voice/embed-web-page#update-a-webpages-source-...

Set your Survey up in your Dataverse instance with that contains your Contact records.

On your portal, use a custom Web Template where you can obtain the current portal user id via Liquid (you can then write the user id into the JS paramter of the renderSurvey).  When the survey is submitted use PowerAutomate Flow to find the Contact that matches the parameter (containing the Portal User id). 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @davdatong , 

Customer voice dynamics is a good choice. Personally, we have not explored to get and retrieve data from dataverse.  Maybe you can try Dataverse API to achieve this. 

Alternatively, you can use Microsoft Forms ( https://www.office.com/launch/forms?auth=2) to release your survey. With the help of PowerAutomate, you can use Dataverse (CDS) connector and Form connector to achieve what you are trying to do. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I haven't done this myself, but you should be able to set up Parameters for your survey, and then populate those parameters with values you provide.  See the example at the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-voice/embed-web-page#update-a-webpages-source-...

Set your Survey up in your Dataverse instance with that contains your Contact records.

On your portal, use a custom Web Template where you can obtain the current portal user id via Liquid (you can then write the user id into the JS paramter of the renderSurvey).  When the survey is submitted use PowerAutomate Flow to find the Contact that matches the parameter (containing the Portal User id). 

View solution in original post

Thanks Fubar. The article is really useful. Wasn't aware that I can pass in parameters. Yes, I will modify the web template to pass in the user.id etc.. to populate the parameters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (72,955)