Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LauM
Helper I
Helper I

Portal different from model drive app with subgrid

Hi,

I create an app where I create a new Bet, and then add games linked to this bet (the bet is like a header, and then games are like lines linked to this header).

I added a subgrid on my form, but I can only add games after I saved the bet (the subgrid doesn't display anything before): I will try a better way to manage this..

But, the main issue is that when I created a portal and then add the same form to create a new bet, there is no option to save the bet, only to submit it => so, when I submit it the bet is created, BUT the subgrid to add related games to this bet doesn't appear!

How could I manage it and fix it?

I put 2 printscreens to show you: one of my model driven app where I can add games, and one from my portal where I can't add lines but only submit the bet.

Thanks for your help and advices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, that's actually default behavior of both CDS/Model-Driven Apps and Portals.

You need to have the master record saved first before being able to add related/child records.

I would recommend either using an insert Entity Form then redirecting to an Edit Entity Form, or using Web Forms, the seconds step being the subgrid details.

There isn't a lot you can do here, unless you want to go on a very custom route using WebAPI.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LauM
Helper I
Helper I

I tried so many things but nothing work...

Here is my webpage, where the details section is always empty and doesn't show any fields for the games (aka the lines linked to the bet):

7.png

Here are example of the metadata I added on the related entity form:

71.png

8.png

I don't see anything on my webpage in the details, even though  I added the create section, and also modified the name of columns.

Moreover, if I want to add the Create related records action, the entity form is always empty.

I understand nothing at all, much more complicated than the model driven app... Even after reading a lots of blogs, or seen videos 😞

Thanks for your help

Hi, that's actually default behavior of both CDS/Model-Driven Apps and Portals.

You need to have the master record saved first before being able to add related/child records.

I would recommend either using an insert Entity Form then redirecting to an Edit Entity Form, or using Web Forms, the seconds step being the subgrid details.

There isn't a lot you can do here, unless you want to go on a very custom route using WebAPI.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,288)