cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfausti
Advocate II
Advocate II

Portal disappears after environment copy

I made a copy of our development environment to a new sandbox environment using PowerApps admin center.

Then I used the XrmToolbox to copy the portal components. However, when I look under Apps in the sandbox there is no type "Portal". What am I missing or is there further configuration required to get the portal to come across?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @bfausti , 

The suggested method by Microsoft is to use the "Configuration Migration Tool" Link for your reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration 

But using the XRM toolbox is also a good practice. I am not sure what happened please raise a ticket with Microsoft for this and try using the configuration migration tool. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @bfausti , 

The suggested method by Microsoft is to use the "Configuration Migration Tool" Link for your reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration 

But using the XRM toolbox is also a good practice. I am not sure what happened please raise a ticket with Microsoft for this and try using the configuration migration tool. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes, I have followed this process in the past with success with other environments but not working for the sandbox. Will open a support tix with Microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,438)