Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthu
Helper IV
Helper IV

Portal displaying wrong website

Hi, 

I deleted and recreated my development power apps portal as I do periodically it extends the trial period for my development work - I have never had any trouble when doing this and I was advised by Microsoft that that is the correct process. 

However, on this occasion my portal is now displaying a new placeholder portal rather than all my configurations - I now have things like "add an image" here and add a "call to action" here etc. 

I have three websites in the portal management app whereas I only had one originally - I have tried to deactivate the new ones and restart the portal but that doesn't seem to work.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Matthu

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @matthu ,

What you have done is right. It is due to the Portal new release wave 2. I have recently published the article on my blog. How to get the new fresh look of the starter portal. The link is below for reference. 

https://ragavanrajan.medium.com/powerapps-portal-upgrade-starter-portal-to-get-a-fresh-look-8aae87b4... 

All you need to do is: 

In Portal management 

1. Website > Websites > You can see a new list of website 

2. Open each website and check the associated child pages, weblinks, forms, etc... 

3. Once you figure out which is the right website. Then you need to delete the remaining website instead of deactivating it. 

Key: This will avoid duplicate pages appearing on your portal management 

Note: Once done > Sync configuration twice on portal studio > Browse website > Ctrl + F5 

PS: You may need to redesign only the home page in the worst case. But for me, it doesn't. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@matthu 

1. Go to make.powerapps.com->Apps

2. Select the 3 dots beside your new portal and Click Settings -> Then  Click on Administration

Mira_Ghaly_0-1634677688764.png

3. Navigate to the portal Binding and make sure you select your correct website record

Mira_Ghaly_1-1634677822512.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @matthu ,

What you have done is right. It is due to the Portal new release wave 2. I have recently published the article on my blog. How to get the new fresh look of the starter portal. The link is below for reference. 

https://ragavanrajan.medium.com/powerapps-portal-upgrade-starter-portal-to-get-a-fresh-look-8aae87b4... 

All you need to do is: 

In Portal management 

1. Website > Websites > You can see a new list of website 

2. Open each website and check the associated child pages, weblinks, forms, etc... 

3. Once you figure out which is the right website. Then you need to delete the remaining website instead of deactivating it. 

Key: This will avoid duplicate pages appearing on your portal management 

Note: Once done > Sync configuration twice on portal studio > Browse website > Ctrl + F5 

PS: You may need to redesign only the home page in the worst case. But for me, it doesn't. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@matthu 

1. Go to make.powerapps.com->Apps

2. Select the 3 dots beside your new portal and Click Settings -> Then  Click on Administration

Mira_Ghaly_0-1634677688764.png

3. Navigate to the portal Binding and make sure you select your correct website record

Mira_Ghaly_1-1634677822512.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
matthu
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi both thanks for your help.

I followed instructions but the portal appeared then with an error so I have had a support call with Microsoft and the portal is now back on line. 

One strange thing that has come out is that the portal studio is still showing the placeholder website with none of my configurations on but when I navigate to the portal by pressing "browse website" it takes me to my working portal with all of my configurations meaning the studio is currently useless to me. Microsoft are looking at that and will get back to me but have either of you experienced this issue?

Many thanks for your time,

Matthu

Hi @matthu 

Glad to hear your portal is back online and also Microsoft is helping you to fix your portal studio problem. I didn't face anything. Once you have deleted the unwanted website. All I did was Sync configuration twice and then it was back to normal. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,317)