cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selimdag
Helper I
Helper I

Portal error: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Hi all, 

I have created an entity form and want that users are able create Dynamics 365 records with it. However I am getting the following error, when I fill out the form and click submit: "The given key was not present in the dictionary. (source: mscorlib)". There are no error details. 

I created entity permissions for the main entity and all the other related entities, which has a subgrid in this entity form. I also assigned the right web roles to these entity permissions but the error still consists. I also have other entity forms and they work perfectly.

Any idea, how to resolve this problem? 

Thanks in advance,

Selim

4 REPLIES 4
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @selimdag 

besides the usual things like cache clearing and restarting the portal: could it be, tht there is a plugin rgistered on the entity? I sometime create pluginsteps accidentially by hitting enter on setting up pluginsteps which save the steps (for example, when i choose the message) (bad interfacing in the usual pluginregistrationtools...) before the setup is finished...

This leeds sometimes to this kind of problems.

Just a hint, no solution.

Have fun,

Christian

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

do you have any plugins/workflows associated to that entity? can you deactivate it to test?

maybe the error isn't really the portal, but another process linked to the entity

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@chleverenz@OliverRodrigues 

Thank you for your answers. 

The problem was a workflow in Dynamics 365. Deactivating the Workflow made the error disappear. It is weird because the workflow itself doesn't cause any problem in Dynamics 365. But when I create a Record by the Portal, it throws me this error. 

Hi together,

good to hear you found the problem.

This is a very common problem in my projects, because plugins/workflows rely on data which might not be present when the request was created by the protal.

We usually add a listbox to each entity we use in the portal and set the value to "sent by portal" (via entity form metadata) when the request is submitted. 

Then other processes have a fair chance to ignore the event when something happens 🙂

Have fun,

Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,626)