cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t-prrath
Microsoft
Microsoft

Portal is showing invalid signin attempt

When I sign in thru Azure AD into the portal that I have created, it shows Invalid sign in, registration is disabled

zPortals.png 

But I have enabled registration; I dont need invitation tab or registration tab, I just need signin tab thru AAD(not even local registration/signin); so I made the settings in Site settings:

zPortalset.png

The signin was working fine in another portal with same settings that i had to delete for a reason, but when i created a new portal with same settings(local signin/reg turned disabled, open registration off, invitation disabled, azure ad enabled) it doesnt work.

7 REPLIES 7
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

from what I can see the settings look fine.. have you cleared the cache? 

as long as the setting Authentication/Registration/Enabled is set to true it shouldn't be a problem

if you want to hide the tabs you need to apply JS through the Content Snippet Account/SignIn/PageCopy

if that snippet doesn't exist in your CDS, you can simply create, set to HTML and write JS to hide the tabs

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues  I have tried to clear the cache but it still shows me the same thing. And it was working in my previous portal too. I didnt have to add any JS or addtional stuff. I just switched off local login, open registration and invitation and it worked fine.

perhaps in your previous portal you already had the user created, so it didn't pass the registration user flow

if you change the highlighted site settings to true, does it work the external authentication?

if yes I would then suggest keeping it as true and adding the JS

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues I deleted the entire test environment containing the previous portal and started with a brand new one, i dont get how the previous portal settings might affect my current!

I didn't mean your previous settings were affecting this environment

What I said is that perhaps the user had already been created in the previous environment, so it skipped the register user flow and went straight to a sign user flow

did you enable that setting and tried again to see if it works?

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues 

We are experiencing the same issue as stated above. What do you mean with

"

What I said is that perhaps the user had already been created in the previous environment, so it skipped the register user flow and went straight to a sign user flow

did you enable that setting and tried again to see if it works?"

Because we have no clue why it works on our DEV Portal and the new set up TEST Portal (no configurations done, yet the Settings regarding Registrations are set on "true) notifies us with the error message as in the first post.

THANK YOU!

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @newmay this seems to be a very old thread

can you please create a new one and provide more information on your issue? 

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,320)