Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UmerJaved
Helper IV
Helper IV

Portal notes and timeline not visible together

Hi,

I need to show the ability to upload notes/attachment for a case from portal. I also require the ability to use "Portal comment" activity for back and forth communication between agent and requestor.

Timeline is fully visible in model driven app (with notes and "Portal comment" activity enabled) however on portal I can only see the ability to add notes on the web form step but not portal comment. 

I am not sure why timeline/Portal Comment activity functionality is not enabled on portal. Any idea?

I have got both notes and Timeline metadata added onto the webform step.

I have also got the entity permission for Notes and Activity set to Parent(in the context of the case) but no luck.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @UmerJaved ,

First of all, check if you enabled Entity Permission for Portal Comments entity. Also inside the CDS, there is an Activity view called Portal Timeline View - this view controls what to show on the Portal. Check it out and make sure that Portal Comment is selected in the filter condition that will be present in the view. 

If you have proper entity permissions and Portal Comment is present in the view I would suggest you extend Admin role to see Activities on the global level, log to the Portal and check if that will help.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Thanks @OOlashyn  entity permission is enabled on portal comment and global level. Yes activity view is filtering on portal comment. Not sure why still it is not visible!

Did you also try to enabling enable entity permission on Activity entity on a global scope and check if that would help? Try to do it only for Admin or create an entirely separate web role for this if you are doing this on prod to avoid showing unnecessary information.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,680)