cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjohncock
Regular Visitor

Portals Blank Page template, retain CSS

I have a website in Portals that contains a form.

We have embedded the form in an external site, which is working, but it displays with the header and footer showing.

We want to have a Blank page with the sites theme so it displays nicely.

I used the Blank Page template but this doesn't include any of the css used on other site page templates.

How can I go about creating a template that contains the required CSS and only displays the content section of the page?

Cheers

Greg J

3 REPLIES 3
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @gjohncock , 

The easiest way I would think of is to copy the CSS from PowerApps Portal and add it to your external site as external CSS. 

In Portal Studio: 

1. On the side pane. Click the Themes> Click bootstrap.min.css or theme.css  and copy the CSS. Sometimes you may need both css files. But Theme.css is your customised theme of the portal

ragavanrajan_0-1632197284942.png

2. Save it in a notepad with .css extension. Ex: Theme.css 

3. In your external site > under site assets add this newly created theme.css file. 

4. Refresh your external site or reload your site. If no luck press ctrl + F5. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

gjohncock
Regular Visitor

Thanks for this and apologies for the delay in replying but we ended up going about the issue a different way. We decided to add some liquid code to the header to make the header and footer elements hidden.

At some point when I get clear of current commitments I will come back to this and try what you suggested.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Cheers

Greg J

No worries Greg. That's absolutely fine. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,765)