cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisa4

Portals WebApi updates not showing

I have a page with an entity list where items are created with Portals WebApi. After the item are created successfully the entity list is refreshed - but the newly created item does not always show. It exists in dataverse. The  15 min cache rule applied for dataverse changes - is that the case for changes from portals WebApi also?

/ Lisa 

4 REPLIES 4
hershal1999
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can you please let me know the reason for WebApi to create record instead of OOB list(entitylist) create functionality?

Only to provide a more friendly UX. But my question is concerning the 15 min SLA and if that effects changes made with portals WebApi? I think the new web api for portals is a great tool to be able to create more user friendly experiences.

I totally agree that Webapi is amazing and I was also waiting for it since very long. So in your implementation you are using Webapi for creating and then using List(entitylist) to retrieve the the created data. Since you are using List to retrieve data 15 min SLA is applied to the the retrieve operation. 

What I would suggest not to use List component, instead you should have your own custom table. See the example here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-perform-operations#example.

You can also use Jquery Datatable plugin and FetchXML as a datasource for the DataTable.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more clarification.

byla

Thanks for your response.  I could not get it to work though, not even with fetchxml-query. However I discovered that the cache seems to clear on UPDATE action with webapi - but not on CREATE. That works even for entity lists. So I'll work with that for now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (1,536)