cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA-SantiPraxis

Portals and NextJs

Hi All,

I am in the process of building a web platform for a client of mine, they will be using a nextjs react framework, and I was wondering, how I deploy a portal alongside this, so that User Data stays within the Dataverse environment, and I don't need to move data between the frontend web platform and the dataverse environment. The question I wanted to ask is - has anyone built a portal with nextjs/react components in them? and how would the architecture look to render some heavy javascript based items on client side and leverage the nextjs rendering options?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @SA-SantiPraxis 

I have experience in building Angular and a few of our community champions have built through react framework.  You can use any framework you like next/knockout. But the key here is you need to utilise the PCF component properly. 

Adding official reference for you to start. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave2/power-apps/power-apps-compone... 

Note: Keep in mind that not all fields are supported 

ragavanrajan_0-1643245814298.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

eugenevanstaden
Resolver III
Resolver III

@SA-SantiPraxis 

You can build your react apps and host them inside the portal pages. your compiled JS will be attached as a webfile and injected in where you need them on the portal. You can also wire up your apps to use the Portal CRUD API.

I am personally not a big fan of PCF controls in Portal - as you can do this with JS and CSS and host it in the Portal directly.

For example, this below is a custom VueJs APP - that is injected inside an Entity Form. The upload is done via a custom API.

eugenevanstaden_0-1643508766386.png

You can implement the OAUTH implicit grant flow for the portal and authenticate with this custom API, as an example.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,442)