cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisa4

Possible for logged in user to alter between different roles?

Hi,

we are in the start of building a Power Apps Portal site that only will allow for logged in users to visit. There will be possible for the logged in users to have multiple roles that should reflect the contents of the portal. My question is if it is possible in Power Apps portal for logged in users to alter between different roles (contextes)?

/ Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
MarkBiggerstaf
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

I want to make sure I understand your questions correctly.  Can portal contacts (portal users) have different web roles assigned to them and access different content?  -- In this situation, yes you can have different web roles for different contacts.

If you are asking if you can change on-the-fly the web role from the front-end while the portal contact is logged in, then no.  You would need to change the web role in the environment and then clear the cache in order for the changes to reflect immediately on the portal.

Please let me know if I understand your question correctly and if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Mark Biggerstaff

Microsoft CRM Dynamics

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @lisa4, I know it's an old thread, but in case you haven't resolved yet here is an idea to your issue:

create a real-time workflow against your record, and in the workflow use the existing actions to associate/disassociate the Web Roles you need.. I just did a quick test here and worked fine and on-the-fly, no need to sign-out or clear cache

OliverRodrigues_0-1596567131975.png

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,128)