cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisOrtiz
Helper II
Helper II

Posting pdf documents on separate pages

I am need of some advice, the costumer wants a library list of document and a link to one of those documents is selected they are then routed onto a new page (a new URL) where they can view the document (PDF) and then download that document. They want the ability to copy the URL of a document and post it for direct access to people rather than sharing the library URL and people having to navigate through to locate 1 specific document.

My questions are:

1) The amount of documents will range from 25 to 30, which will mean about 30 pages (hidden of course) for each of the documents. Will this affect the performance or memory in a negative way?

2) Is there a better way of doing this?

I have integrated SharePoint to store the documents so storage memory is not an issue. The main goal is being able to share the location from any specific document from the 30 or so documents. Thank you all, I hope someone has attempted this.

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Unless I am getting something wrong, you won't have 30 pages.. you will have:

• 1 page with the list of documents (probably pointing to SharePoint).. and the users will probably be able to download the file from there

how far did you get with your requirement? 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thank you, I came up with a work-around. I created a new record for each individual document. see below

chrisOrtiz_0-1619741104573.png

I named the record the same name as the document. So the user will select the record (to them its the document) and a pop-up appears for them to download the document. I realized if you right click on the document, the document url can be copied and shared. And yes they are saved on SharePoint

chrisOrtiz_1-1619741176693.png

I created the records in the data tab 

chrisOrtiz_2-1619741287572.png

My last concern is that they want to see the document in the pop-up. Can a PDF file be embedded? 

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

You will need to apply JS to embed the PDF in your Page/Entity Form:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/291813/recommended-way-to-embed-pdf-in-html

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (44,776)