Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvoinikat
Helper I
Helper I

Power App Portal Environment

Hello PowerApp Gurus,

We are working with a co-worker over the provision of a portal. We are wondering about the best way to do it and because of that couple of questions:

1. If we follow the instructions from Microsoft documentation we need to develop 3 environments - development, test and production where different stakeholders have different accesses. If we follow this practice how we are going to stick to one portal per the premium licence we have (10 $ per user/ month)? In the end we are going to have 3 portals.

2. How the migration from one environment is happening to another? 

We might have some additional questions but let's stick to this questions for now. 🙂 Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dvoinikat 

Nearly there if you have three portal under one Azure AD tenant then it will be counted as one single login. For external your authenticated logins are counted and measured as per the login capacity  plus the same principle will be applied. I.e under one Azure active directory tenant. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @dvoinikat 

Good day.  Please find the answers below 

1. The answer isif you access multiple portals belonging to the same tenant, it will be counted as one login per portal."  I am assuming it is only for your internal users. More details on official docs below 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#can-you-share-mor... 

2. Migration is currently manual using official " Configuration migration tool" Adding link below for reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration  

Also, there are some brilliant tools from XRM toolbox if you prefer.  So far for me, it is definitely a time saver. 

Hint: You can use Azure Devops to automate this process there are some articles from MVP. But Configuration migration tool works really well. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

@ragavanrajan, thank you for your reply. 

I might have misunderstanding of what you are explaining - I need to know once I develop the three recommended environments - Dev environment, Test environment and Production environment whether I need to have 3 portals (for each environment)? If so how I am compliant with the per app licence? The per app licence is offering 2 apps consuming premium connectors + one portal.

The portal I want to create is meant for external to the tenant users.

Regarding the answer to my second question - thank you. I will follow your guidance.

Hi @dvoinikat 

Your understanding is correct. You will have three portals in different environments. As per licensing model, The per-app licence is offering 2 apps consuming premium connectors + one portal.  But you need to keep in mind that it is still under one Azure Active Directory Tenant.  This means if you check my answer "  if you access multiple portals belonging to the same tenant, it will be counted as one login per portal." 

And if it is external then you just need to pay external Login Capacity ( Authenticated users) 

Hope it is clear now. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

@ragavanrajan, got it.
So if I have 3 portals and in single day I log into the 3 portals then this will result in 3 log-ins. I had the understanding that only external authenticated logins are counted and measured in order to comply with the login capacity purchased for the tenant. Or I am wrong?

Hi @dvoinikat 

Nearly there if you have three portal under one Azure AD tenant then it will be counted as one single login. For external your authenticated logins are counted and measured as per the login capacity  plus the same principle will be applied. I.e under one Azure active directory tenant. 

------------

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,998)