Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Power Apps Portal Access Hierarchy.

Hi folks, 

I am using a customer self service portal for case management, So my portal contacts can login and see all the cases created by them and related to the Company associated with them. 

Now I want to create a hierarchy among these portal contacts i.e. Global Access, Department Managers, Team Members.

1. Now Global Access Users can see all cases related to the Account.
  2. Department Managers Can view cases related to the department (Managers can have Multiple Departments) and can be able to filter Departments
  3. Team members can view cases created by them self.

I have a lookup of Department on Contact and Case and a Option Set for Role on Contact. 

Is there a way I can achieve this (Really difficult with Web roles)

@OliverRodrigues 

Thanks & Regards

Vidit Gholam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am using Azure AD (Default Button which is available) to authenticate my users but I am not able to map registering users with their existing contact in CRM, I know there is a site setting for that AllowContactsMappingWithEmail, But I am not able to configure it correctly as I am not able to figure out what protocol and provider should be. 

ViditGholam_0-1653301988035.png

Think the default uses .../OpenAuth/Microsoft/.... (or .../OpenIdConnect/AzureAD/...) but you can also configure it with the wizard see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/configure/configure-oauth2-microsoft

or open id

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

The proper way here would really be Web Roles / Table Permissions. You can then control the security within the table permissions by the contact or account, or even different lookups

There is a bigger overhead, but this would be the secure way 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @OliverRodrigues , Thank you for your response I am trying it out using web roles but I guess I still need to a architect the hierarchy after which I will move on to the web roles. I had a few more difficulties as mentioned below : 

I am using Azure AD (Default Button which is available) to authenticate my users but I am not able to map registering users with their existing contact in CRM, I know there is a site setting for that AllowContactsMappingWithEmail, But I am not able to configure it correctly as I am not able to figure out what protocol and provider should be. 

Also, is it possible to set portal access for a contact manually and then they can login using the Azure AD button ? 

Thank you in advance for all your help and suggestions.

Think the default uses .../OpenAuth/Microsoft/.... (or .../OpenIdConnect/AzureAD/...) but you can also configure it with the wizard see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/configure/configure-oauth2-microsoft

or open id

ViditGholam
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Fubar , 

Thank you,

(/OpenIdConnect/AzureAD/) worked I was struggling with this since 3-4 days and now it works thank you.

I know we can configure Azure AD Authentication but, I didn't wish to create one more Application in my Azure.

Thank you !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,138)