cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRavi

Power Apps Portal - Clone record action from List

Hi All - We have configured power apps portal for our client in which we are displaying Lists from custom entity records of Dynamics 365. Requirement is to add one Action on List to Clone a record. Is it possible if somehow we can open the selected record in detail view and when user click on create, it will clone the record with updated values into detail form?  Or any other suggession? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @MRavi 

Some of the ways I am aware of it using the third-party tool "Click 2 Clone" by inogic. Also some other products are quite popular. You can also go with the old-school way which is creating a workflow. 

If you need a modern way, you can use Power Automate to achieve this. Try a dataverse connector. Adding the trigger for your reference. 

ragavanrajan_0-1639626193639.png

I will let you play around with the triggers. Hope it sheds some light to build your logic. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @MRavi 

Some of the ways I am aware of it using the third-party tool "Click 2 Clone" by inogic. Also some other products are quite popular. You can also go with the old-school way which is creating a workflow. 

If you need a modern way, you can use Power Automate to achieve this. Try a dataverse connector. Adding the trigger for your reference. 

ragavanrajan_0-1639626193639.png

I will let you play around with the triggers. Hope it sheds some light to build your logic. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,716)