cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harrynicol
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps Portal Entity View Refresh Issue

How can I force a Portal Entity View to refresh to display the dataI have just changed.

Entity List Question on Refresh.png

In the image above the entity is updated via a HTML call (triggered by a button on the page) to trigger a flow that sends an email.  During that process the entity updates the Email Sent field to Yes from No. It take 15 minutes to update after refreshing the web page.  How can I force this to be quicker, i.e. when then triggered flow is completed?

3 REPLIES 3
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You have to use real-time workflow or plugin.  The portal redirect will wait until real-time has completed and so the Entity List reloads after the redirect with the refreshed data (assuming the change tracking on the entity has been enabled).  If you use asynchronous there is no way to tell the portal to reload - just have to wait for it to showup when the user navigates or refreshes. 

Thanks for the guidance. This is the first time I have attempted this, so might need a bit help from you if you could be so kind. Currently takes around 5 mins or greater before a refresh shows the changes. Enabled change tracking on the entity but I guess I need to do something more? 

Publish your changes, and on the Portal clear the cache (logged in as user with Administrator web role, <your portal url>/_services/about )

Confirm that your workflow is set to real-time and not background (its default is background).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,059)