cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Portal License for starter

Hello, everyone

I am considering buy some license for portal, first time do it. Now is a bit of confused on what license to choose from.

1. Microsoft Power Apps Plan 1/2

This is the fundamental license for build an app, even without sharing with anyone yet.

2. Microsoft Apps Portal page view capacity add-on

Even if I am intended to build a website for people to login & do stuff, I still need this add-on since they need first to "view" the page then navigate to login page

3. Microsoft Apps Portals login capacity add-on

That is the final one to enable user to login.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hsy ,

1)license for powerapps:

Since you need to use CDS as portal's data source, so you need to buy powerapps premium license firstly.

Powerapps have two kinds of premium licenses( not plan1/2): per user plan, per app plan.

You could choose based on the amount that you want to create portals.

1086.PNG

2)You need to buy view add-on and login add-on right based on the user types that you want.

• External users (authenticated) will be $200 for 100 logins/month.
  • External users (anonymous) will be $100 for 100,000 web page views/month.
  • Internal users are able to access portals using a PowerApps per app or per user plan as per above.

If you want both authenticated users and anonymous users use your portal, then you need to buy two capacities(200$+100$).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @hsy , 

You can look at the following page 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/  . Also below snapshot for your reference. 

ragavanrajan_0-1602122524802.png

The decision would be depends on whether you plan to use many PowerApps / different portal types in future then you can opt in to plan 2.  With plan 1, you will get only one customer portal. 

For your questions 2 & 3. It depends on whether you want your external users to be authenticated.  Then you can choose your add on accordingly 

Screenshot 2020-10-08 150820.png

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thank you for your info @ragavanrajan 

Just to confirm if I want to be able to share the app to a random person on the street and allow then to login,

I need buy both view add-on and login add-on right?

Hi @hsy ,

1)license for powerapps:

Since you need to use CDS as portal's data source, so you need to buy powerapps premium license firstly.

Powerapps have two kinds of premium licenses( not plan1/2): per user plan, per app plan.

You could choose based on the amount that you want to create portals.

1086.PNG

2)You need to buy view add-on and login add-on right based on the user types that you want.

• External users (authenticated) will be $200 for 100 logins/month.
  • External users (anonymous) will be $100 for 100,000 web page views/month.
  • Internal users are able to access portals using a PowerApps per app or per user plan as per above.

If you want both authenticated users and anonymous users use your portal, then you need to buy two capacities(200$+100$).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @hsy  I have referred the old naming convention of Plan 1 and Plan 2. The intention was not to confuse you. However @v-yutliu-msft  instruction is very clear. 

Please yell out if you need any further info. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (100,126)