Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Power Apps Portal Remember Me is not working

Hi Experts,

I have created Power Apps Portal. But in the Sign in page "Remember Me" functionality is not working. I tried adding a site setting "Authentication/Registration/RememberMeEnabled". But this did not work. Could any please help me to fix this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Power Apps Portal Remember Me is not working

Hi @MUser ,

I think you misunderstood a bit what Remember Me functionality actually does. As per documentation: "Selects or clears a Remember me? check box on local sign-in to allow authenticated sessions to persist even when the web browser is closed. Default: true". What this means is if you signed in to the Portal and then close the tab and close the browser without signing out, next time when you will open the Portal it will try to authenticate you automatically without asking for username or password. If you signed out of the portal you need to sign in again manually.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @MUser

Did you clear the cache? 

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @hardikv ,

Thank you for the reply.. I tried clearing cache as well but it is not working..

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MUser,

What type of authentication provider you are using (local, AzureAD, etc)?

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OOlashyn ,

Thank you for replying.. I use only local authentication in my Portal.. Could you please help me fix this issue..

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

can you check in the site settings if you have the record: Authentication/ApplicationCookie/ExpireTimeSpan

if so this might be logging you out

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

Thanks for the reply. I do not have "Authentication/ApplicationCookie/ExpireTimeSpan" site setting on my Portal. Do I have to add that site setting for Remember me functionality to work?

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

no no you don't need to create that site settings

I just tested here on my trial, and getting similar behaviour

basically if I close the browser and re-open it is not remembering the previous login.. is that what you are getting?

perhaps open a support ticket with Microsoft 

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

For me remember me functionality is not working when I check the remember me checkbox. Without closing the browser, even if I try to sign out and sign in again, the functionality still does not work.

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @MUser ,

I think you misunderstood a bit what Remember Me functionality actually does. As per documentation: "Selects or clears a Remember me? check box on local sign-in to allow authenticated sessions to persist even when the web browser is closed. Default: true". What this means is if you signed in to the Portal and then close the tab and close the browser without signing out, next time when you will open the Portal it will try to authenticate you automatically without asking for username or password. If you signed out of the portal you need to sign in again manually.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,298)