Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Power Apps Portal SCIM 2.0 Support

Hi experts,

Does anyone know if there is a roadmap or capability to support SCIM 2.0 with Power Apps Portal environment?  Example use case here:

1. Leverage Azure AD as identity provider for a customer facing portal
  2. Utilize Self Service User Sign Up in Azure B2B to register the user to the portal and with the self service signup process fill in some custom fields for the registration of the user...  
  3. At completion of Self Service Signup the user is provisioned in Azure AD as a Guest User with the profile fields filled in from the registration process
  4. Also after registration the user is created as a "Contact" in Dataverse and the profile information exposed in the Portal is from the contact record.

Challenge here is the information is not in-sync between the Portal and Azure AD.  I would like to be able to update the fields in Azure AD and push this down to the Contact in the Portal using the SCIM 2.0 standard.   Also would like to be able to even auto-provision the user into the Portal if I assigned them to a specific security group that has access to the Portal Application and de-provision if I remove them from the security group.  

Has anyone come across this type of approach / need or am I looking at this incorrectly?  Microsoft interfaces with Applications like Salesforce in this approach but doesn't seem to support it for their own Portals?  

Any thoughts / feedback / recommendations?  At this point we were thinking of building a custom application which would really be a "shadow" application that would comply with the SCIM 2.0 and would update the Contact in the Dataverse when changes are applied in Azure AD, so basically accomplish what needs to happen here outside of the Portal Application supporting it itself.

Thanks,

Drew

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,437)