cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helios14Max

Power Apps Portal: Send Form Data to Email Address

Hi, I've been trying (and learned) these days on how to create a Power Apps Portal where everyone could submit an form and send this data to a specific email address. I've investigated if there was any example or any documentation related to my task but without luck. 

I've implemented as well a Power Apps Canvas (and realized later that anonymous users can't access or view it) which if my task was at a internal level it would have been way easier.

Is there any way to create something like this at this moment in Portals or it will be implemented later (because I've seen that Microsoft is still redacting new information about Portals).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your reply actually helped me a lot to go on a straight path on how to resolve my problem. It was easier than I ever expected. What I did was to create an automated flow (with Microsoft Flow) to send an email when a record is created (and guest users can do the form and receive the notification).

When you indicate all the required data on CDS action then you create a Mail action (Send an email notification (V3) ) and there you indicate all the entity field values (if you have a custom form created it's going to be even more easier).

P.S: Thanks for the reply and giving me an idea on how to complete it. I really appreciate it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Helios14Max

I've forgot to mention this... is there anyway to send the entity form data to a specific email?

Assuming that you are using entity form, form data would be stored as an entity record in CDS once the user submits the form. Then you can use background workflows of CDS/ power automate flows to send emails to the record. 

Please mark it as answer if my post helps.

Thanks
Satish Reddy
Power Apps and Dynamics 365 Consulting 

Your reply actually helped me a lot to go on a straight path on how to resolve my problem. It was easier than I ever expected. What I did was to create an automated flow (with Microsoft Flow) to send an email when a record is created (and guest users can do the form and receive the notification).

When you indicate all the required data on CDS action then you create a Mail action (Send an email notification (V3) ) and there you indicate all the entity field values (if you have a custom form created it's going to be even more easier).

P.S: Thanks for the reply and giving me an idea on how to complete it. I really appreciate it.

Glad to hear that : )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,804)