cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnPowerApps
Frequent Visitor

Power Apps Portals integration with Dynamics 365 for Fin & Ops

Hi,

Is there a well-documented script which explains how to integrate Dynamics 365 for Fin & Ops to Power Apps Portals with use cases? 

If yes, please provide me with those.

What I want to practice is to get data from D365 env. and display those in the Portal to users if this is to be the main reason to get data from D365.

Also, it would be good if you can share info on how to integrate other power-series components into power apps portals with examples.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @ShawnPowerApps,

Portals only works on a CDS database. That said, you'll have to integrate F&O with CDS to be able to expose F&O data and capture data from Portals and then into F&O. I think you can integrate AX/F&O with some out-of-the-box connectors: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Hope this helps!

Hi Eric,

Thank you for providing me with the link.

As far as I remember, one of upcoming features is to bring D365FO entities to CDS. In this case, do we still need that configuration described in the document you referred to? 

Thank you. 

I’m not a F&O expert, but if these entities exists in the same CDS instance as where your Portal is hooked up too then no. It would only be a matter of configuring portal (web forms, entity forms/list, permissions, etc) on those entities. I would reach out to your local Microsoft presales team as they might have other upcoming insights and recommendations like maybe a starter portal around F&O similar to how Sales and Customer Service has one...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,515)