cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper V
Helper V

Power FX/Ribbon Workbench | Create Button that with portal url and dynamic partial-url based on record

Hi!

I want to create a button where I can jump right into the portal to the specific site I just created.

E.g I create the page XY with the partial url topic-x. Now if I click the custom button I want to get right to the portal with that partial url.

https://xyx.powerappsportal.com/<{partial-url}> 

newmay_0-1637682619826.png

I created a button that gets me right to the portal, yet I dont know how to append the partial-url paramter to the url.

1 REPLY 1
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

Hi @newmay ,

not sure, whether is the right forum for this question or power apps itself is better.

The url is in the end just a string. So you only have to add /<partialurl> and may be some parameters to the url and the open a browser by calling the url.

But may be this is exactly the question HOW to add one string to another in PowerFX. There I'm out 🙂

But keep in mind, that the url of the portal might change from dev to test to prod or whatever your environments are. So keep it setupable 🙂

Have fun,

Christian

PS when you set up multi-language and use the locale in the routing, you might want to add the locale between baseurl and specific topic. So, in the end the url is something like https://mypowrappportal.powerappportals.com/th-th/mytopic (or whatever the language ist, where the user should be routed to 🙂 )

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

MPP IDEAS

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Users online (4,187)