cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simb55
Level: Powered On

Re: Power Platform access by guest users: unexpected behavior

@Raynok1 wrote:

So technically they opened an internal Powerapp before attempting to opening the external Powerapp via the launch button

Exactly!

@Raynok1 wrote:

we'll never know if its done first either by opening apps or when closing an app or creating an app first

In fact, I can confirm that OPENING the app does the trick.

Creating apps works as well, because yeah, when you create an app, you are basically also opening one.

@Raynok1 wrote:

Could even be time period between account creation and attempting to to open the external app.

After my tests, I can rule this out. A user who existed in the tenant for an eternity showed the same behaviour as a freshly created user.

The workaround is in no way optimal, sadly.

Also it requires direct acces to the target external tenant, and if this is not given, the Export/Import feature which is currently in preview but will become a premium feature once the preview phase is over. 🙄

I really hope for a fix on Microsofts side.

Raynok1
Level 8

Thank you. Yes at scale and across multiple tenants being serviced, it is not optimal. 100 % with you on this. Out of interest how you addressing the bulk guest import into Azure? The ability to do so is no longer available, so right their is another hurdle to the experience.

Hope you not serious about the export/import will be a premium service. I'm still wounded by the SQL connector going premium. 

1.) Bulk guest user import - No Longer available.

2.) Existing and new users - Have to open an internal Powerapp as a workaround to open external apps for the first time.

3.) External apps do not show directly as a listed app in Powerapps mobile app and Powerapps web app. - A Powerapp with launch buttons pointing to external app is the workaround. 

@alaugMSFT  -  This effects every Powerapps maker with these requirements. Safe to say its the world. 

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff alaugMSFT
Power Apps Staff

We're actively working on a 'tenant switcher' which would allow end-users to select the tenant for which they want to see apps. Until that is available, yes, end-users will need to access an app by using the full app link. 

simb55

Hi alaugMFST,

thanks for your response.

What do you mean by 'full app link'? Is this the link we can find on the 'Details' screen of our apps?

Raynok1
Level 8

@alaugMSFT  - Thank you for the feedback. Yes I imagine something similar to how we switch between tenants in Teams.

Raynok1
Level 8

@alaugMSFT - Slight off topic but if you going to go code the tenant switching ability, the Powerapps developers might as well give us a hide function.

We want to reduce the amount of apps listed in the powerapps mobile/web app by creating a master Powerapps that has launch buttons to other powerapps and hide the rest. 

Yes, we can mark one app as hero app but it'll be great to hide the rest. Fantastic option if hide was available.  

Power Apps Staff

@simb55  - You're correct, the app link that can be found in app details in https://make.powerapps.com. 

Power Apps Staff

@Raynok1 - I appreciate the feedback. Have you posted this in the ideas forum? I've observed a few requests on enabling different types of app discovery/app listing experiences. If there's enough interest in a specific app list filter it makes prioritizing the investment easier - the ideas forum is one of our signals for measuring interest. 

simb55

Hi alaugMFST,

I have just tested this again. Still the same result. A freshly created user which I assigned an E5 license cannot acces a PowerApp on an external tenant, not even via the direct link from the app details page. He still gets the licensing error, unless he opens a PowerApp in his own tenant first.

Power Apps Staff

@simb55 - will you send me a private message with at least one of the following, please?

• A sessionId where the user gets a license prompt
  • the application id where the end-user is receiving the license prompt.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,880)