cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eddoria
Helper I
Helper I

Power Portal Attachment file size

I have set the basic form file size to 125,000,000 but I cannot upload large files. I attach a document with screen shots. How can I update the maximum file size to upload large files.

I  go to to Portal Management | Basic Forms | Select the name I need.

Select Additional Settings

Scroll down to Maximum File Size and update

Then Save & Close

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi @eddoria 

Please refer this blog: https://carldesouza.com/increasing-email-attachment-size-in-dynamics-365/

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

View solution in original post

Hi @eddoria 

Please follow the article from @hardikv. I would suggest you use Azure blob storage to keep your files separate. . If you are interested, I am adding the official link below for reference 

Benefits like

1. Performance 

2. Isolation, etc.. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/enable-azure-storage 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
eddoria
Helper I
Helper I

The issue I have is that when I choose files from the portal url which external companies would use.

Hi @eddoria 

Please refer this blog: https://carldesouza.com/increasing-email-attachment-size-in-dynamics-365/

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

Hi @eddoria 

Please follow the article from @hardikv. I would suggest you use Azure blob storage to keep your files separate. . If you are interested, I am adding the official link below for reference 

Benefits like

1. Performance 

2. Isolation, etc.. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/enable-azure-storage 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Thank you for the response. Much appreciated. I am a bit confused though regarding the D365 part. My web page is part of the portal and in my limited knowledge I have not used D365 at all. What is the relationship between Power Portal web page and D365?

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately I have no experience with Azure Blobs. I have just started with Power Portals and hoped it would be easy to increase the size as there is an option to do so. I am wondering why the power portal allows the field to increase the size but it does not work. Very confusing.

Hi @eddoria 

In simple terms, the power apps portal is an extension of dynamics 365 plus Azure.

• The limitation of file size is inherited from D365. That's why you need to change it in D365. Azure is an additional option to increase the portal performance. 

Portal is still in a maturity state. Every six months portal will have a release wave where they will improve missing features plus new features will be introduced. 

Hope this will solve your confusion. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,409)