cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jprady

Power Portal Performance Issues

We have an anonymous portal which has just one form for data entry on it which is going to have to support a large volume of concurrent users

We are currently load testing this, and are only getting around 1800 submissions every 20 minutes or so. The page is very slow to load and also slow to submit. 

Is there anything we can do to get a significant performance improvement?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @jprady ,

I don't have a direct answer for this. But essentially I could sense your anonymous portal is utilising dataverse and submitting entries.  The only way I could think is using Portals web API 

official Reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-overview 

A bit of work needed here but it should allow you to capture HTTP errors and allow you to submit more requests. 

I recommend you raise a ticket with Microsoft to check with the engineering team for this. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, I would suggest reviewing any Plug-ins / Workflows / Business Roles that you might have in Dataverse, this could be slowing down a bit

Then also take a look at any client-side customization in your Portals (if any) and make sure they are not causing any issues around performance

You can always open a ticket with Microsoft so they can investigate this as well

Finally just so you know, Power Apps Portals is known for not being the most performatic tool due to a lot of retrieve that it needs to do because of its level of configurability

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,475)