cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ye_ce
Frequent Visitor

Power apps portal button

Hi

I need to add 3 buttons in my power apps portal. If I click a button I have to send the name of that selected one to my dataverse table. I didn't find any options in portal to add button. Is there any way to solve this using  JavaScript?

2 REPLIES 2
Akshay_Shah
Frequent Visitor

Where you have to add button in basic form or advance form?

mbayes
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi ye_ce,

We will definitely need more clarification on your requirements, especially around "sending the name to the dataverse table", but here are your options for creating buttons.

In the Powerapps Portal you can create buttons on a page via a couple ways:

1. Web Template using Liquid - here you can write the HTML of your template manually and include the markup for your buttons.
  2. Javascript - here you can write JS to generate the markup of the buttons and inject them somewhere on the page where you want the buttons to be displayed.

If you need your buttons to interact with the Dataverse table(s), you can either utilize Power Automate and trigger via an HTTP Request or use the new Powerapps Portals Web API that lets you directly interact with Dataverse using specific requests in JS.

Let us know if you need more assistance!

Thanks!

Matt Bayes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,914)