cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martindr
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps Portal Cert Expiring in 3 days

When trying to edit the visual design of a new Power Apps portal I just provisioned I fail and see the following errors in Chrome's console.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID | https://<myname>.prod-us-il0109-1.nam.powerappsmtportals.com/...

Visiting that URL and viewing the cert shows two issues. Hopefully someone gets to this before Christmas in 3 days!

martindr_1-1640221781738.png

9 REPLIES 9
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @martindr,

It seems to be a trusted certificate authority issue.

Could you please check the official doc for reference:

Add a custom domain name - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

In addition, please try to manage custom certificates by adding a new one:

Add custom certificates - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Qi
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @martindr 

If it is a newly provisioned portal, then I suggest you try the following steps 

1. Change the base site URL and test again 

2.  Delete the portal and recreate it again. Trust me your data can be picked up from website binding records

Hope it helps.

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

manojmane
Frequent Visitor

Hi @martindr ,

Navigate to --> Portal Admin center --> Check SSL certificate under the tab as shown in below image. 

Verify the SSL certificate expiration date. If it is expiring soon , you have to regenerate the certificate and re-upload it in the Portal admin center.

manojmane_0-1641482866326.png

Thanks,
Manoj.
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to help others find it.

Hi @martindr 

Please follow the instructions from @manojmane  if you have enabled the custom domain. If it is the newly provisioned portal then my first reply will help. 

Bonus:

In case if you have any difficulties in converting your certificate to .pfx format, then please find my article below 

https://ragavanrajan.medium.com/powerapps-portal-custom-domain-implementation-converting-pem-to-pfx-... 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Thanks but this came right without our organization doing anything (BTW we were not using custom domains and I assume the issue was Microsoft-side)

Thanks for the reply. We never added any certificates (or custom domains) there in the first place, so there was nothing to check. It was a brand new, stock portal without any custom config. Things came right magically after a few days, and I assume the issue was Microsoft-side.

Hi @martindr 

Could you please follow my first instructions. It will fix your issue. 

Hope it helps.

------------

martindr
Advocate II
Advocate II

@ragavanrajan the issue solved itself (in other words I assume something was done at Microsoft end). If it happens again in future I'll try your solution of changing the URL. Deleting and recreating the portal is a bit extreme, though ;).

Indeed I completely agree. This is due to the portal hosting location and rendering engine. Failed to run the series of steps. 

Hope it helps.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,979)