cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

PowerApps Portal Entity Permission For Multiple Contacts(Subgrid)

PowerApps Portal Entity Permission For Multiple Contacts(Subgrid) 

I have a specific login scenario for portal user.

I have an account record which has related contact entity. I want to give entity permission to all the contacts in that related entity.

I was able to do it with single. Wondering how I can do it with multiple contacts(subgid)

So, that every contact in that subgrid should have access to the Account entity.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Establish Entity Permissions, and assign them to a Web Role. Think of Entity Permissions as the pathways via entity relationship roles to the data.  Depending on exactly what you are needing to do will depend on what Entity Permissions and their Scope that you need, on the surface you may just need an Entity Permission on account with Scope = Account (but you may also need some Parental Scope permissions, if the user is to read/edit etc a record that is associated to the contact's  parent account)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/assign-entity-permissions

sakula1996
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Fubar , Thanks for prompt reply.

But, My struggle is with giving entity permission to multiple contacts

I have many to many relationship between Accounts and Contacts and Client Contacts being the conjunction table.

I want every contact in the Client Contact to have access to that particular record.

Please check the screenshot below.

sakula1996_0-1606753777209.png

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Think of the entity permissions as a Pathway, from entity to entity via the relationships. You will end up having several permissions and one or two will need to use Parental scope (with Parental you indicate what the parent Entity Permission is).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (90,726)