cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShriyaD
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps Portal Header missing styling

What I want to accomplish-
I want to create a new Custom Header web template("Custom Header") that I wish to populate on a particular page and for all other pages I want to populate the default Header web template.

Steps followed-

1. Create  a new web template("demo page"), page template("demo page") & webpage("demo page"). I want to populate the custom header here.
2. In my page template I unchecked the -Enable default header option.
3. In my web template("demo page") I added-  {% include 'Custom Header' %}

Issue-

I see the custom header but I don't see any styling. Its just html. In my web template("Custom Header") I have copied the same code in that of default header template with just a small change of adding one content snippet for logo image and a new weblink set.
Surprisingly, If I check the Enable the default header option, both headers come and styling is also there for  both.

Also, when I inspect the code on "demo page", all I see is the code of the custom header template. There is no other code. The screenshot is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

@nickdoelman ,

@OliverRodrigues ,

@ragavanrajan ,
@OOlashyn 

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

in the website level there is a definition of what's the Web Template responsible for the Header.. as this is also load some styling, so my guess is that because you are calling a different Header Template, it's not loading the styling

I think what you need to do is make changes to the existing Header Template

if page.url == "XXX" then render your code instead of the OOB

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

@Oliver , could you point me out the particular code in the header template that is responsible for loading styling. I could not find it.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @ShriyaD that logic is not done in the Header Web Template, it's done in the back-end source code

the definition of which Web Template to load as header is in the website level:

OliverRodrigues_1-1632763453110.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,675)