cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps Portal: Is it possible to print the entity record displayed on web page as a PDF?

Hello Community,

I have a client requirement where the client would like to be able to print either the entity record displayed on the portal web page entity form or web form as PDF. Is this possible, and how can this be achieved?

So for example, when viewing the entity record on the portal web page, how can we provide users with the ability to print the record to a PDF?

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: PowerApps Portal: Is it possible to print the entity record displayed on web page as a PDF?

Hi

in this post I talk about printing exactly a part of the page, in my example an entity list, with also an option to add a logo to your printable version: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2018/04/25/dynamics-365-portals-exporting-content/

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: PowerApps Portal: Is it possible to print the entity record displayed on web page as a PDF?

Hi @D365_Eric ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

10.JPG

Please check if you have selected proper editable component from your Portal Design.

In addition, you could also consider go to your Portal Management, then find your Web Page you want to put the "Print" button under the Web Pages Menu, and open it:

11.JPG

Then click the Content Page under the "Localized Content" section for your opened Web Page:

12.JPG

then go to the "Copy (HTML)" part, switch to "HTML" tab, type the related HTML code and JavaScript code there:

13.JPG

then click "Save" button. After that, go to your Portal Design, click "Sync Configuration" button-> "Browse website", then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @hardikv ,

Yes, I have read the blog (https://readyxrm.blog/2020/05/07/adding-a-print-button-to-a-power-apps-portal-page/) and tried to follow the same steps as suggested in the blog to add the following in the source code editor of the web page. 

Paste in the following code:

<button onclick="PrintFunction()">Print</button>

<script>
  function PrintFunction() {
    window.print();
  }
</script>

However, when I do that, the "save" button on my source code editor is greyed out and basically it's not allowing me to save the above changes.

Would you have any ideas as to why it's happening like that?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi

in this post I talk about printing exactly a part of the page, in my example an entity list, with also an option to add a logo to your printable version: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2018/04/25/dynamics-365-portals-exporting-content/

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D365_Eric ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

10.JPG

Please check if you have selected proper editable component from your Portal Design.

In addition, you could also consider go to your Portal Management, then find your Web Page you want to put the "Print" button under the Web Pages Menu, and open it:

11.JPG

Then click the Content Page under the "Localized Content" section for your opened Web Page:

12.JPG

then go to the "Copy (HTML)" part, switch to "HTML" tab, type the related HTML code and JavaScript code there:

13.JPG

then click "Save" button. After that, go to your Portal Design, click "Sync Configuration" button-> "Browse website", then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,791)