Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D365_Eric
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps Portal: cannot change home page image on customer service portal

Hello Community,

I am having trouble updating the home page image on my customer service portal, which I created from the customer service portal template. I was able to update the home page image on a custom portal by going to Web File -> homehero.jpg, and update the image under the Notes section. However, when I perform the same steps on the customer service portal, the default home page image would persist, and would not reflect the new image I have updated under the Notes.

Is this a limitation on the customer service portal? I would assume it should allow me to change the image. I did refresh and clear portal cache.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @justinburch and @OliverRodrigues ,

Thank you very much for your inputs. After trying multiple times (using the same steps I have described above), it finally worked!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @D365_Eric,

I don't currently have a customer service trial handy, but have you verified the URL used? Using your dev console (F12 for most browsers)

Use the element select button (usually upper left icon above source code)

justinburch_1-1601450253778.png

Hover the div element containing the image

justinburch_0-1601450209740.png

Note the background (or background-url) CSS for a file path and change that Web File, or replace the CSS (change theme.css or overwrite with custom CSS) to point to a different path/file.

justinburch_2-1601450312275.png

Hi @D365_Eric 

Customer service portal should use the same Homehero record, I just have the feeling it is a .jpg file instead of a .png

that doesn't make any difference in the filename itself, but in the Partial URL of the Web File, make sure that remains as .jpg
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @justinburch and @OliverRodrigues ,

Thank you very much for your inputs. After trying multiple times (using the same steps I have described above), it finally worked!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (46,159)