cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps Portal: error message when submitting a form on the portal page

Hello Community,

On my custom PowerApps portal, I have a web page with an entity form on it, where users can basically fill in data and submit the form. When the form is submitted, behind the scene it will create a Lead entity record in the Dynamics 365 instance that's connected to the portal.

I am experiencing a very odd error message on the submission page. When clicking on the Submit button to submit the entity form on the web page, the following error message pops up. This is very puzzling because I am only getting this error when login to the portal as certain users, but the same submission process works fine if I login to the portal as some other different users.

I already checked entity permissions and all that, and everything seems fine. I am really lost as to what might be causing this error message.

Does anyone have any clues? Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you need to show all available options or you can prefilter them? Usually, I create views that I use on a Portal only with prefiltered data. You can setup which view will be used to show the data on the lookup. Open your form, select lookup field and then change what view will be used by changing Default View. 

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OOlashyn ,

Thanks for your inputs. Yes, the view I am using in the lookup is already a filtered view, and we are expecting more than 5000 records in the filtered view.

I understand this is a limitation with the portal, which is unfortunate. Hopefully improvements will be made in future releases.

Thanks again!

Hi @Anonymous 

Were you able to solve this error? It happens that I have the same scenario.

Greetings.

MartinVargas
Post Patron
Post Patron

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

hi @MartinVargas please go to the verified answer as this is thread has a solution. If that still doesn't work for you, can you please create a new thread as this is an old one

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (1,562)