Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhananjay_Patil
Helper IV
Helper IV

PowerApps Subscriptions

Hello 

Does my PowerApps Portal application end users need to be added in subscription?

Example: I am implementing PowerApps portal for which I need 4 team members that means considering per app plan I will need $60 per month, Now I want to release application to 500 users so , will that 500 users needs to be added in subscription and cost to change accordingly?

500 users will login into application using Azure AD and can be treated as a internal users

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dhananjay_Patil , 

Logins from the Azure AD tenant associated with the CDS/Dynamics 365 instance are considered internal login. 

This is really hard to digest especially for internal users.

There are two good links which you can get more clarity. 

1.https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/power-apps-portals-my-interpretation-of-the-new-licensing-rule... 

2. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-licensing-options-for-powerapps-and-flow/ 

There is an alternative which I am still figuring out i.e. "Making Powerapps portal as an iframe" but not sure how good it will be for utilising. 

Hope it helps 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

With Microsoft's usage model, internal licenced users (e.g. Dynamics 365 or PowerApps) are considered as already licenced for the Portal.  Other internal users need a licence (even if they do not use the user interface of Dynamics 365 or PowerApps).  Note, there is a definition of an Internal User (that is not as clear as it should be in the licencing guide), for the "AzureAD tenant" comment in an earlier reply note there is a difference between AzureAD and Azure AD B2C (but only where the B2C user is not classified as an Internal User - internal user is about the relationship of the person to your organisation not the access mechanism). 

External users fall into 2 categories, authenticated and anonymous (both of these have different licencing considerations), number of logins vs number of page views.

Read the current PowerApps Licencing Guide (I haven't linked to it as it changes every month).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (1,592)