cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Powerapps portal Internal user authentication

Hi,
Recently I have been working on power-apps portal for one of our client to capture some data. But I am confused with the pricing model of portal, my current scenario is as follows.

1. I have a 10$ plan for power-apps, on top of that if I need to create a portal what plan should I choose?
  2.  Power-apps portal supports different authentication, if my organization use the app internally what kind of plan should I choose?
  3.  Does power-apps portal allow free internal user login?
  4.  Can we create the login like OAuth rather than using the power-apps portal sign-in/signup form

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps portal Internal user authentication

Hi @aswin :

Let me answer your questions in turn.

Q1:I have a 10$ plan for power-apps, on top of that if I need to create a portal what plan should I choose?

Is your current license Per App Plan?If yes, you can create and access 1 custom portal.

Q2:Power-apps portal supports different authentication, if my organization use the app internally what kind of plan should I choose?

Access to custom portal requires related lincense.I think this link will help you a lot.(link)

User typeModelSKU namesUnit capacityPrice/monthChannelComments

External user (authenticated)Per loginPower Apps portals login capacity add-on100 logins$200AllA login provides the authenticated user with access to a single portal for up to 24 hours
  Power Apps portals login capacity add-on Tier 21000 logins$1000All 
  Power Apps portals login capacity add-on Tier 25000 logins$3500CSP only 
External user (anonymous)Per page viewPower Apps portals page view capacity add-on100,000 page views$100All 
Internal userVia licenseDynamics 365 (various)n/an/an/aCustom portal use rights are aligned with custom app use rights
  Power Apps per app plan    
  Power Apps per user plan   

Q3:Does power-apps portal allow free internal user login?

If the user has per app plan or per user plan, it can be accessed for free.

Q4: Can we create the login like OAuth rather than using the power-apps portal sign-in/signup form?

Yes.I think this link will help you a lot:

Configure OAuth2 provider settings for portals

Best regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps portal Internal user authentication

Hi @aswin :

Let me answer your questions in turn.

Q1:I have a 10$ plan for power-apps, on top of that if I need to create a portal what plan should I choose?

Is your current license Per App Plan?If yes, you can create and access 1 custom portal.

Q2:Power-apps portal supports different authentication, if my organization use the app internally what kind of plan should I choose?

Access to custom portal requires related lincense.I think this link will help you a lot.(link)

User typeModelSKU namesUnit capacityPrice/monthChannelComments

External user (authenticated)Per loginPower Apps portals login capacity add-on100 logins$200AllA login provides the authenticated user with access to a single portal for up to 24 hours
  Power Apps portals login capacity add-on Tier 21000 logins$1000All 
  Power Apps portals login capacity add-on Tier 25000 logins$3500CSP only 
External user (anonymous)Per page viewPower Apps portals page view capacity add-on100,000 page views$100All 
Internal userVia licenseDynamics 365 (various)n/an/an/aCustom portal use rights are aligned with custom app use rights
  Power Apps per app plan    
  Power Apps per user plan   

Q3:Does power-apps portal allow free internal user login?

If the user has per app plan or per user plan, it can be accessed for free.

Q4: Can we create the login like OAuth rather than using the power-apps portal sign-in/signup form?

Yes.I think this link will help you a lot:

Configure OAuth2 provider settings for portals

Best regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,225)