cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkadey
Helper I
Helper I

Prevent User from Submitting duplicate form on Power Apps Portals.

I have a created a web form on power apps portal website. Now I want to prevent users from submitting the form on the website more once. I read and used duplicate detection but it is not working. My database is Dataverse. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @rkadey 

You can achieve this using Alternate keys. Adding official URL for reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/define-alternate-keys-portal 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

@rkadey give me until weekend and will breakdown the steps to achieve this solution.

Hi @rkadey 

The field crd26_email has some value available or some duplicate value. Please remove duplicate value or all the value for crd26_email field if possible.

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

10 REPLIES 10
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @rkadey 

You can achieve this using Alternate keys. Adding official URL for reference 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/define-alternate-keys-portal 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

hershal1999
Resolver I
Resolver I

@rkadey I think what@ragavanrajan mentioned will definitely work and I would say it will be a good and easy to implement option as well. But just for some reason  you cannot use this option for whatever reason you can also create synchronous Create plugin message and use pre image to identify if the submitting record already exists or not if yes then throw error. This will rollback the transaction. Benefit of this is that you can have your own custom logic but downside is that you will have to maintain this custom logic as well.

So in my opinion you have couple of options here to choose from. 

Hope this helps.

@ragavanrajan  Thank you for your response. I went through the docs but it is silent about how it will prevent the duplicate submission. Can you kindly outline the steps? Thanks.

@hershal1999 Thank you for your response. Can you break your solution down? I seem to be lost.

@rkadey give me until weekend and will breakdown the steps to achieve this solution.

@hershal1999 well noted. looking forward to that.

rkadey
Helper I
Helper I

Screenshot (46).pngScreenshot (47).png

These are the screenshots of the error I get. I don't know whre the duplicate is. @hershal1999 @ragavanrajan 

Hi @rkadey 

The field crd26_email has some value available or some duplicate value. Please remove duplicate value or all the value for crd26_email field if possible.

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

This works @hardikv . Thanks so much

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,291)