cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enphridian
Regular Visitor

Problems with AddColumns on gallery

Hi,

I have a gallery connected to a D365 table (Questionaires). This entity has a lookup field of type User called Checker.

As I need to sort on this field, I am trying to add a column to the gallery to show the Checkers full name.

My issue is that no matter how I define it, my added column is always empty 😞

for thegallery items source I have tried both..

AddColumns(Questionaires,"CheckerName",LookUp(Users, User=Checker.User).'Full Name')

and 

AddColumns(Questionaires,"CheckerName",LookUp(Users, User=Checker.User, 'Full Name'))

and my column text in the gallery is

ThisItem.CheckerName

Any help appreciated 🙂

All other columns in the gallery are populated correctly, but the added column is empty.

Regards

Chris Adams

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enphridian
Regular Visitor

Hi,

In case anybody else faces this issue, I resolved it by casting the User explicitly as Guid like this

AddColumns(Questionaires,"CheckerName",LookUp(Users, User=Guid(Checker.User)).'Full Name'

🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Enphridian
Regular Visitor

Hi,

In case anybody else faces this issue, I resolved it by casting the User explicitly as Guid like this

AddColumns(Questionaires,"CheckerName",LookUp(Users, User=Guid(Checker.User)).'Full Name'

🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,084)