Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenRedBlue13
Helper I
Helper I

Problems with Sending email and push notification

Hi,

I have an app that when the user clicks on a button a record is supposed to be saved in a data base, then an email and push notification are sent to the people specified in the record information... the main problem is that when you create for first time that record the Sending email and push notification functions do not work, but when you go the saved records in the app and then you click save changes, the Sending email and push notification functions work perfectly. In the other hand, those functions work perfectly in edit mode, but when in Live mode, they don't... please, users are complaining about this, need rapid help.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @GreenRedBlue13 , If my understanding is correct, the reason why it is not sending email and push notification on first time is because the record was not saved but you are triggering flow without any data.  This is purely a workaround and the design change. You can check the below post how to capture success and failure until the record is saved. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Load-web-page-untill-data-is-sent-to-CDS/m-p/... 

So basically once you set the successful and failure capture.  

Below are the steps 

1. Add a little image on top of the Send Email button 

2. Add a little spinner GIF on the image 

3. Based on the flow successful / failure flag hide/unhide your image. 

Until the record is saved your "Send email button will not be shown to the user" . 

Hope you got the idea. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi @ragavanrajan ,

Good point, but what can you tell me about that in edit mode it works perfectly and in live mode doesn't. And i am not using any flow to perform any action in that app, just using Outlook and powerapps send push notification function.

Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,759)