cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnguyen
Frequent Visitor

RLS Issue in Embedded Report, but there's no RLS applied

Hoping ya'll can help. I'm running into an error message when attempting to embed my PowerBI Report. I don't have RLS enabeled but am receiving the following error:

jnguyen_0-1604938860420.png

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @jnguyen , 

On the first instance, I am adding the official link to enable power BI 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-nz/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/set-up-power-bi-integration 

if you face any issue then please follow the additional steps described below. 

You need to enable the following permissions for your PowerApps portal in Azure App Registration. Here are the steps for you. 

In PowerApps: 

1. Log in to https://make.powerapps.com/ and make sure you are in the right environment 

2. Apps > Select your App> Settings > Administration and copy the application id 

ragavanrajan_0-1604951231120.png

In Azure portal: 

1. Login to https://portal.azure.com/#home 

2.  Search for App Registration > All applications > paste the application id 

3.  It will show you the app with the name "CRM Portal" 

4. Select API permissions > And enable the following permission 

ragavanrajan_1-1604951386908.png

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hey @ragavanrajan i appreciate the detailed write-up. I verified your steps have already been completed but I'm still running into the same error.

Hi @jnguyen , If you have enabled all settings mentioned above. It is most likely because of the workspace which is not refreshed. As per the official link which I posted. Could you remove all your workspace and apply. Then Edit the portal and press the sync configuration one time. Then in the portal could you put it back your workspace and try again. 

Let me know if that helps .

jnguyen
Frequent Visitor

Hey @ragavanrajan  I had a global admin help me do this step, and it is still not working. I'm not understanding why this error is here when there is no RLS set up on the report. 

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @jnguyen , 

I have tested the sample No Row Level Security Power BI report with the Access Type of "Embed for your organization" 

ragavanrajan_0-1605142963100.png

and I could see the report in the page. 

ragavanrajan_1-1605143049281.png

Hope it helps

Hey the report we are embedded is using a live connection to AAS, and will need to be for external users. I've exhausted my resources and when ahead and opened a ticket with microsoft. Thank you for your efforts @ragavanrajan 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,796)