cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunil_sacha

Real Time Text box auto refresh using timer

Hi, 

In my Login screen i have add the time Text box and use the code to get the date and time.

Text Code - Text(Now().DateTimeFormat.LongDateTime)

Since the time not showing dynamically so i have add the timer to refresh the text box every 5sec.

Can some one suggest me what is code to be used for Text Box refresh using timer pls. 

sunil_sacha_0-1601311235564.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

@sunil_sacha , 

You can achieve this with the following steps. 

Step 1: Insert > Timer Control  

Step 2: Change the following properties of timer: 

#Property NameProperty Value
1Duration0
2AutoStarttrue
3Repeattrue
4OnTimerEndSet(CurrentTime, Now())
5Visiblefalse

Step 3: Insert Text box control > Set Default property to Text(CurrentTime,”dddd  dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss”)

In this way you can see the current time in the textinput control. Run the app to see the changes. 

PS:  This is a PowerApps Portal forum. In future, post your queries to the right forum. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

@sunil_sacha , 

You can achieve this with the following steps. 

Step 1: Insert > Timer Control  

Step 2: Change the following properties of timer: 

#Property NameProperty Value
1Duration0
2AutoStarttrue
3Repeattrue
4OnTimerEndSet(CurrentTime, Now())
5Visiblefalse

Step 3: Insert Text box control > Set Default property to Text(CurrentTime,”dddd  dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss”)

In this way you can see the current time in the textinput control. Run the app to see the changes. 

PS:  This is a PowerApps Portal forum. In future, post your queries to the right forum. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,087)