cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joaoleaga
Frequent Visitor

Record submitted by Contact - Adding additional Contact Fields

I want the ability to add multiple lookup fields to a custom webform for record creation. I need the ability to have a "submitted by option" and also add an additional contact field "Job Title" so I can see which contact and which job title has created the record. The lookup should be auto-populated with the information from the contact.

I am able to obtain the 'Submitted By' information but unable to get the second field to populate (Job Title).  

What am I doing wrong???  See Screenshots in file attached.

This is a continuation to the post: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Record-submitted-by-Contact/m-p/783734#M5266

Many thanks 

@OliverRodrigues 

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, I just tested here, doing pretty much the same thing as you did as this worked fine.

Have you cleared the cache? 

As another option, you can create a classic Workflow (real-time) and copy the information from the Contact to the custom table you have: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/overview-realtime-workflows

But entity form metadata should work as well.. make sure you clear the cache and the column datatypes are compatible (for example both should be single line of text)

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (928)