Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newmay
Helper IV
Helper IV

Register function does not work after deployment from dev to test environment

Hi!

We deployed our portal from development to test environment with the XRM toolbox (portal record mover) the styling looks fine and all webfiles pages etc are embedded, yet if we click on "register" tab it throws following error (german)

newmay_0-1637599745427.png

Any suggestions how to fix this? 

THANKS

5 REPLIES 5
chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @newmay ,

we had also issues on that and they were related to a diffrent portal default,base,callitwhatever language. It was somehow no route to the selected locale on the registration page available (if i remember correctly, it happened already a while ago)

So, may be comparing the languagesettings on both environments might help.

Hope my memories aren't too wrong,

Christian

PS may be you toggle the dev-errors switch in the portal settings. Then you will get the "yellow screen of death" 🙂 with more informations what actually went wrong.

Hey @chleverenz 

Thanks for the reply!

Could you elaborate on where I should first check the language settings within the portal management?

Thanks!

chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@newmay 

you can see the languagesettings for the websites in the website itself:

chleverenz_0-1637761160957.png

so, just make sure, that your default languages match in both systems. The supported languages could be a problem as well, but at first the default language can be a problem.

A little bit background: portals generate for every webpage a localized page. So, one page is the root (and determines the route to the page) and the localized version have, well, the localizations. So if you support 3 languages and create a webpage, there should be 4 entries for webpages: one root and 3 localizations. 

When the localization does not exist for a specific language, you receive a 404. I do not know what happens with the build-in pages like profile.aspx, when the path to the localization is missing. Never tried to create that situation 🙂

Hope it helps and points in the right direction,

Christian

@chleverenz!

Thanks!  So the default portal language on our dev portal is english and on the test portal the default language is german..

chleverenz
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @newmay ,

and could you change the default language? (i never tried, would be curious to know whether it works) or did you add english as a language in the targetsystem (and did this help?) ?

Kind regards,

Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,573)