cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihamocnik
Helper II
Helper II

Registration with Local Account & pricing: is the user treated as Internal or External user?

Hello,

if user is registered with a standard registration on PowerApps Portal is he treated as Internal or External user? What would be then used in the statistics?

I would have internal (company) and external (customers or partners) users with this type of authentication.

Best regards,

Miha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mihamocnik ,

PowerApps portal is an external-facing website, it allows internal and external users to access entity data.

But internal users always means the users within the same organization, but the portal does not discriminate between internal and external users.

It is worth noting that the control of entity permissions(CRUD) in the portal is mainly to see whether the user has logged in and authenticated, all of which are mainly divided into these two types of users: authenticated users and anonymous users.

If the user registers and logs into the portal, he is treated as Authenticated Users, regardless of internal or external users.

If the user doesn't log in, he is treated as Anonymous Users. He would have no permission to access these entities that enable the entity permission.

This might make more sense.

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mahender
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

As per my understanding Internal users are the user who are part of your organization, so it's not dependent on to the registration. Power portal  statistics managed based on the authenticated or non authenticated user, if user is access portal after authentication - it could be standard portal authentication or any other authentication like facebook linked etc

non-authenticated user who will access portal without login.

let me know if my understanding is not correct.

Thanks!

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mihamocnik ,

PowerApps portal is an external-facing website, it allows internal and external users to access entity data.

But internal users always means the users within the same organization, but the portal does not discriminate between internal and external users.

It is worth noting that the control of entity permissions(CRUD) in the portal is mainly to see whether the user has logged in and authenticated, all of which are mainly divided into these two types of users: authenticated users and anonymous users.

If the user registers and logs into the portal, he is treated as Authenticated Users, regardless of internal or external users.

If the user doesn't log in, he is treated as Anonymous Users. He would have no permission to access these entities that enable the entity permission.

This might make more sense.

Hope this helps.

Sik

nhayduk
MVP

You may want to read my blog post on this subject:

https://www.engineeredcode.com/blog/power-apps-portals-my-interpretation-of-the-new-licensing-rules

Using local authentication for internal users could result in having to pay for users twice in order to be compliant.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,535)