cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdobryanskyy
Frequent Visitor

Related list based on lookup on portal

Hi all,

I have such a great experience with community, so I started to look for help again. I've been using power automate a lot, but I am really new to Power Portal (4days). As for now I have seen and read a lot, but still can't find the answer of how this can be done.

I have a custom table called 'Approvals', the table will consist of the records that will need to be somehow approved. I will build an automation on top of it. I have a second table 'Tasks' where the task for particular person is created once the approval record is created. What I need is a page where we will have a list of the 'Approval' records, and by clicking on that record we can see all the tasks and assignments. I have all this stuff on forms in Dynamics, but I can't build a page on a Portal for this. The applropriate righrs are granted, but I have no idea how to do this.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @rdobryanskyy great to hear that the community has helped you so far.. let's hope I am able to help you here as well 🙈

I think your requirement is simpler that what you might think.. if you already have the Tasks associated to the Approval record, all you need to add a subgrid (in the Dataverse form) and display that form in the Portals

so basically the components you will work on are:

• Web Page with List pointing to the Approvals table
  • Another Web Page pointing to a Basic Form for the Approval table which will display the details of the record
    • this should be either Edit or ReadOnly Basic Form
  • The Basic Form will be pointing to a Dataverse form that already contains the Sub-grid for tasks.. that's all you need

Regarding permissions, I would suggest creating:

• (main) Table permission for Approval (probably related to the Contact)
  • Child Table Permission for Tasks (related to the Approval)

let me know if you need more information, if you can attach a few snapshots would be great 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @rdobryanskyy great to hear that the community has helped you so far.. let's hope I am able to help you here as well 🙈

I think your requirement is simpler that what you might think.. if you already have the Tasks associated to the Approval record, all you need to add a subgrid (in the Dataverse form) and display that form in the Portals

so basically the components you will work on are:

• Web Page with List pointing to the Approvals table
  • Another Web Page pointing to a Basic Form for the Approval table which will display the details of the record
    • this should be either Edit or ReadOnly Basic Form
  • The Basic Form will be pointing to a Dataverse form that already contains the Sub-grid for tasks.. that's all you need

Regarding permissions, I would suggest creating:

• (main) Table permission for Approval (probably related to the Contact)
  • Child Table Permission for Tasks (related to the Approval)

let me know if you need more information, if you can attach a few snapshots would be great 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

rdobryanskyy
Frequent Visitor

I worked perfectly, thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call August 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call - August 2022

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,208)