cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Django
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Replace (background) workflows with Power Automat Flows: where triggered and how to create Two Factor Code?

So Microsoft is promoting Power Automate to be used instead of the default workflows / processes:

Django_0-1594211763539.png

This is totally my desire, because just finding out that emails are not being sent because there is Email Configuration in Dynamics / Power Platform environment where you have to approve individual mailbox user queues, drove me crazy!

I can even come up with clever workarounds to let the Power Automate Flows trigger on entity changes so I would never have to go to blabla.crm4.dynamics.com/main.aspx?settingsonly=true#560329661 again!

...but --> what about processes like 

• Send Password Reset to Contact
  • Send Email Two Factor Code To Contact

What triggers these processes so we can let Power Automate handle the automation. How can Power Automate create a Two Factor Code that the portal will accept??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Django 

You can use Perform  a bound action on the CDS (Current Environment) to Call the Send Password Reset to Contact action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1594290565622.png

If this post solves your Problem please mark as a solution

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Django ,

These are actions, rather than workflow and it is not yet possible to implement these in Power Automate.

Snipaste_2020-07-09_17-14-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

@Django 

You can use Perform  a bound action on the CDS (Current Environment) to Call the Send Password Reset to Contact action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1594290565622.png

If this post solves your Problem please mark as a solution

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Thank you @v-siky-msft  @Mira_Ghaly !

@Mira_Ghaly --> will test this off course asap. Does this mean that we can call those Action types from within a Power Automate Flow and get the output from those Action Types back in our Power Automate Flow?
(then we can hopefully send emails like Two Factor Authentication and Password Reset from a Flow where we have more options / better insights on status and error handling.

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Django  Yes this means you can call these actions from Power Automate , Perform Bound Action and Perform UnBound Actions are used to call custom actions in CDS/Dynamics

Sorry that my question was unclear @Mira_Ghaly 

Not only starting these actions, but I want to get the output back from these actions in my Power Automate Flow.

If this is not possible, starting these actions has no added value because I want my PA Flow to send the password reset hash or the Two Factor Authentication code... 

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Django 

It depends if these custom action return Output parameters or Not.

haha that is why I specified the Actions by name so people could help 😁

I am able to perform the bound action on these actions but these actions do not seem to provide any output where I would expect to get a Two Factor Code / reset password link...

I guess, we need to dive in on the Dynamic Processes to see how they:

can be started by a Flow and provide output back to the starting Flow to automate more/better

versus

can be started by background triggers (like a Portal User Login for Two Factor AuthN) and then trigger a Flow that can automate more/better

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,234)