cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Replace (background) workflows with Power Automat Flows: where triggered and how to create Two Factor Code?

So Microsoft is promoting Power Automate to be used instead of the default workflows / processes:

Django_0-1594211763539.png

This is totally my desire, because just finding out that emails are not being sent because there is Email Configuration in Dynamics / Power Platform environment where you have to approve individual mailbox user queues, drove me crazy!

I can even come up with clever workarounds to let the Power Automate Flows trigger on entity changes so I would never have to go to blabla.crm4.dynamics.com/main.aspx?settingsonly=true#560329661 again!

...but --> what about processes like 

• Send Password Reset to Contact
  • Send Email Two Factor Code To Contact

What triggers these processes so we can let Power Automate handle the automation. How can Power Automate create a Two Factor Code that the portal will accept??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Replace (background) workflows with Power Automat Flows: where triggered and how to create Two Factor Code?

@Django 

You can use Perform  a bound action on the CDS (Current Environment) to Call the Send Password Reset to Contact action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1594290565622.png

If this post solves your Problem please mark as a solution

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Replace (background) workflows with Power Automat Flows: where triggered and how to create Two Factor Code?

Hi @Django ,

These are actions, rather than workflow and it is not yet possible to implement these in Power Automate.

Snipaste_2020-07-09_17-14-44.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Django 

You can use Perform  a bound action on the CDS (Current Environment) to Call the Send Password Reset to Contact action

Mira_Ghaly_0-1594290565622.png

If this post solves your Problem please mark as a solution

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Thank you @v-siky-msft  @Mira_Ghaly !

@Mira_Ghaly --> will test this off course asap. Does this mean that we can call those Action types from within a Power Automate Flow and get the output from those Action Types back in our Power Automate Flow?
(then we can hopefully send emails like Two Factor Authentication and Password Reset from a Flow where we have more options / better insights on status and error handling.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Django  Yes this means you can call these actions from Power Automate , Perform Bound Action and Perform UnBound Actions are used to call custom actions in CDS/Dynamics

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Sorry that my question was unclear @Mira_Ghaly 

Not only starting these actions, but I want to get the output back from these actions in my Power Automate Flow.

If this is not possible, starting these actions has no added value because I want my PA Flow to send the password reset hash or the Two Factor Authentication code... 

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Django 

It depends if these custom action return Output parameters or Not.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

haha that is why I specified the Actions by name so people could help 😁

I am able to perform the bound action on these actions but these actions do not seem to provide any output where I would expect to get a Two Factor Code / reset password link...

I guess, we need to dive in on the Dynamic Processes to see how they:

can be started by a Flow and provide output back to the starting Flow to automate more/better

versus

can be started by background triggers (like a Portal User Login for Two Factor AuthN) and then trigger a Flow that can automate more/better

Thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,225)