cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Restrict Web Page Access

Hi,

I am trying to restrict a specific page to "Authenticated Users" but the page is not showing for this web role. I am not sure where I am making a mistake.

I did the following steps during set-up:

• Created a "Web Page Access Control Rules"
    • Set web page to selected page.
    • Set rights to "Restricted Read"
    • Set web roles; "Administrators" and "Authenticated Users"
  • Assign contact to "Authenticated Users" web role.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User II
Super User II

By what you described your configuration looks correct, you don't even need to assign the authenticated web role to your contact, that is the default behaviour

did you clear the cache ? 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

In addition to clearing the portal cache as @OliverRodrigues mentioned, could you also try achieving your requirement using the 'Grant Change' web page access control rule as opposed to the 'Restrict Read'. In my experience, this has helped me in the past.

Please let me know if that works!

Chris

Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, 

So if you have a web page and you want to restrict it to only be viewed by authenticated users what do you do?

Step 1 – Find the web page record. Be careful, you need to apply the web page access control rule to the root page and not the content page. 

Step 2 – Create a ‘Web Page Access Control Rule’ associated with the web page 

Step 3 – You’ll need to: 
– Give it a name: eg ‘Allow authenticated users only’ 
– Define the website and web page this rule will apply to. If you’ve come from the web page as per the above steps, web page should be prefilled 
– Right = restrict read 

Step 4 – Save the record, and then associate the ‘Authenticated Users’ web role in the web roles sub grid. 

Along the way you have the choice to apply the rule to the page and all its children, or just the page itself with the scope field. 

Hope this was helpful. 

Regards, 

Michael Ogunsola

CRM Support Engineer

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I was able to achieve my objective by creating a new web role. (e.g. Partners), and assigning it as "Authenticated users". I am not sure if this is the right approach.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Users online (3,490)