Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Restrict the Portal access by Specific Country

Hi All,

Thanks for reading my post. 

We have implemented the Dynamics 365 (Power Apps) Portal. There is one requirement that this portal can only facilitates the request which are originating from some specific country e.g. Australia. If any request which is coming from any other country other than Australia then we don't facilitate that request.

We're aware of Out of Box functionality Restrict portal access by IP address but in our case maintaining all the IPs of Australia will be a cumbersome job and those IPs get updated with the passage of time. 

Any of your thoughts will be welcomed. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Please follow the below article to implement country-based restriction. 

https://nishantrana.me/2020/06/25/use-azure-ad-conditional-access-to-block-access-by-country-dynamics-365/ 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @ragavanrajan 

I believe that solution only works for the Dynamics 365 but not for the Dynamics 365 portal. Why? Because, its not necessary that user should sign-in to the portal. Plus, even if they sign-in as well but its not necessary they will use only AAD credentials.

Could you please elaborate your solution around AAD conditional access? Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous , 

Assuming your users will use AD then the given solution will work. If you have local login as far as I am aware only you can restrict it by IP filtering.  Note: IP Address should be static to achieve this. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ragavanrajan for the reply. Unfortunately on the public facing portal, users are not using AD.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,217)