cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Retrieve fetchxml results on demand

I'm using fetchxml and liquid code to display a list of records in a table. (Unable to use an entity list as there are multiple N:N relationships present, that make it hard to filter records). Currently, the fetchxml query returns over 5k records which can cause performance issues. Is there a way to fetch only a selected number of records at once and then retrieving more on pagination click event? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Retrieve fetchxml results on demand

Hi, we can use top in FetchXML that allows you to retrieve less than 5k records, this is done at the top of the fetch:

<fetch top="10">

The FetchXML also contains a limitation from the RetrieveMultiple message, which will only retrieve 5,000 records. I don't think we can bring more results than that in Portals (haven't done it myself)

I would recommend trying to filter this list to less than 5k records, a tip for paging here would actually keep using entity list so in Liquid you can leverage from the paging feature, and any complex relationship you can query via Liquid while looping your entity list results - not sure about performance though

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/liquid/render-entity-list-current-page

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @TheIntern 

Below blog might be help you to retrieve few records:

https://colinvermander.com/2018/06/26/dynamics-365-portal-use-liquid-fetchxml-with-paging-cookie/

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

top="10" doesn't work for me.

You can use count="50" to limit your result set
(Thanks to Nicholas)

Greetings,
AndKan.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,135)